Default VS Statesman engine swap

Hey guys, just wondering if it is possible to do an engine swap on my VS statesman. At the moment its a 3.8L ecotec..but its getting old. I love the shape and colour of my Stato but the engine may not last.

My query would include weather i can actually put a gen3 into it, and how much would it be? iv herd the engine itself is 5k in a box? so as well as the drivetrain to match..exhaust, gearbox as well as installation etc..how much would it be all together?

Another option would be the new alloytec v6..how much would that be with drivetrain n installed as well?

Its a project i have in mind as it would be unique and i think a gen3 in a VS would flyy haha.

ne info u guys could give me would be great!

I'd go for a fresh 5.0. it would be heaps cheaper n easier to get the parts. I'm pretty sure u would have to get engineers certificates if u drop a gen3 in it also.
    cheers dude n goodluck.
    Hava look at dis kahnt ey!

A gen3 cost $5350 in a box brand new from Bay City Holden.would look good in a sateo.good luck.

Hey guys thankx heaps for the info. I had a feeling a fresh 5.0L would be easier and cheaper to do as they originally came out with that engine for the VS. Also more influenced as last night saw a mint VS caprice [JUZWLD]. was a 5.0L, dropped on 20's, nd that 5.0 sounded awsome

dude, i would go for a fresh 304. if u wanted it like an ls1 theres also a stroker. LOL. easier in parts nd the money.
    LOVE IT
    DOSE IT

thankx agian guys. how much would the 5.0L conversion be? very interested now as its more realistic than a gen3.

im not 100% sure but wouldnt u have to change the gearbox, trannie, nd diff aswell. It also depends were u get the motor from. I think holden would have some with 0 kilometers. goodluck though with ur conversion.
    LOVE IT
    DOSE IT

Thankx heaps for that PSI, if the most i need to do is strengthen those components id b happy! i'll keep u guys posted on how everythings going later!

Soz, read it wrong first time, yea i prob would still have to change those parts

Ryan, man i saw a stato lyk urs...it was crusing with a VX SS and a HSV lookalike! this was near sandown like 2 fridays ago. the stato had a mad sound system!! VX SS was quick! and HSV lookalike looked mad without a spoiler. if only they were all combined into one car...

yeppp, datz us!