Smile Blow Off Valve ??

[B] Hi all , turboing is the next step in my little s10 project , I have a small 4.4L v8 in my Dime , 8.2 - 1 compresion and a few mods , I have just aquired 2 Garret T3 turbos , .42 A/R & .48 on the exhaust side , these have a 7 Psi internal wastegate in them , I`m still not 100 % sure if I need to put in blow off valves in the system , I`m going old school and using a 350 cfm Holley 2 barrel converted for a Blow-through system , any help would be appreciated , thanks Bill

you dont have to put one...but i recommend you do...
    BELLEVUE BODYWORKS (02) 9547 0231
    WWW.BELLEVUEBODYWORKS.COM.AU
    142 BELLEVUE PDE CARLTON NSW 2218
    IT'S NEXT DOOR TO A PLACE YOU
    MIGHT BE FAMILIAR WITH

The only time i would ever fit a blow off valve would be in a manually shifted, exceptionally laggy turbocharged engine which sees a fair bit of street use.
    Fast Fours & Rotaries Magazine.

the blo-off just releases the excess air, rather than pushing it back through the turbo which gives you the dose effect
    BELLEVUE BODYWORKS (02) 9547 0231
    WWW.BELLEVUEBODYWORKS.COM.AU
    142 BELLEVUE PDE CARLTON NSW 2218
    IT'S NEXT DOOR TO A PLACE YOU
    MIGHT BE FAMILIAR WITH

Thanks guys ,my truck is driven on the street everyday ,its my daily driver ,I`m running a 2004R auto with 3.73 rear diff , out of curiosity when can I expect to have full boost with the twin turbo setup , my cam has 206 @ .050 .432 intake - 212 @ .050 .444 lift & a 110 LSA ,it starts pulling really hard now around 2400 Rpm , about how much Hp gain can I expect with the Turbo`s ? Thanks Bill

Default Blow off valve

No im not being a smart arse just trying to help

You do meen a Bypass valve not a blow off valve

Blow off valves are for Indy cars and those kind off engines they limit the pressure in the intake manifold

you really are talking about a Bypass valve

They vent the excess air from before the throttle bodie when the throttle is closed allowing the turbo to keep spinnig

And yes there is a differance

Another

Boost adjusters or controler the cheap ones from ebay are really called bleed off valves!!!!
    A Boost contoler does just as it says it controls the boost
    A true boost controler stops all air going to the wastegate until the preset pressure is reached
    This is usually done by an Electronic controled valve or a spring and ball pressure release valve

Sorry but colloquiolism stuffs us all up things are being bought by people and they are not getting what they need or want

If i email a performance store in any other country and ask for example a blow of valve that is exsactly what you get not a bypass valve and that isnt much fun for anyone

^^By the sounds of it you're referring to a wastegate - not infact a blow off valve.
    Most people use terms that people in thier country know. No one I know buys a 'blow off valve' from overseas when they can drive to any auto store and buy one. You wouldnt refer to it as anything else because they wouldnt know what you're on about.

If people are buying the wrong parts then there is something wrong with the communication between the buyer and seller.