Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My R33 Gts-t

Yeh sounds like its an acurate figure. I know what you mean about cheating the dyno, so many do it. I did a tune for a guy that had an R33. Had a small turbo like a GT28 running 14psi, cooler Microtech etc. Made 222rwkw, which for the mods I thought was not too bad. He came to pick up the car and told me it had made over 300rwkw with the same boost on another dyno. What do ya say to them? I said to him that this is what it made on the day. Ask your other dyno operator how he achieved such a figure. Hey have your internals been done? eg: rods, pistons? I see that your power is still climbing after 8000..

Im not sure what exactly has been done to the engine other than forged internals tomei cams. When i bought the car it has a TD06-20G turbo and make 245rwkw @ 11psi. I have just kept adding parts on and the power keeps going up.
    I will find out one day when it finally blows up

Next tune we will spin it to 8500 and see when the power drops off
    475rwkw@ 24psi

475rwkw@ 24psi

Fired up the new engine last night. Cant wait to get it on the street
    475rwkw@ 24psi

Hey. Very nice engine and a unique setup. Most guys chasing big HP do the huge 'single' turbo conversion, but you've proved it otherwise

And man, looking at that dyno graph, before 4000 RPM it looks like there would be less than 120KW. Talk about lag LOL. Do you drive it on the street?

The old engine setup was very lazy off boost but yeah is a street car.

The pic above is the new engine that ive just done about 600ks on over the weekend.

It will be tuned in a week or 2 if i can get it in. Now with the 3lt bottom end its running almost 1 bar at 5000rpm. And has heaps of torque combined with the auto is great fun to drive
    475rwkw@ 24psi

Mid 10s here we come

475rwkw@ 24psi

holy crap!! did u buy that of Boeing? lol

Nice work...on the cans that is. The car is rubbish!

The funny thing is the can was still full. lol
    475rwkw@ 24psi

Very nice! That 6Boost manifold is horny! What it sting you if you dont mind??

Thats a big turbo mate hope your using noz other wise you will go backwards on the quarter. On my gts-t rb25 I started with a 800roller and on full race trim (no exhaust slicks front runner and towed to the track did a 10.3. They then upgraded the turbo to a bigger 1 and the best I could do was a 13. then ATP did a much smaller 1 and went 10.12 with full street trim and tyres. Drove to the track and drove home.
    Like the look of ur car put the wing is shit. It a gts not a gtr, be proud of ur gts as it would smash most gtr's. Get a stealth wing or what I have which is a 1 peice carbon boot. Carmate.com.au is a good place to look.

Manifold was $1200.
    I do have nos but dont really need it as I have 3lt and full boost by 5500 and 8200 rev limit.
    The first tune saw 364rwkw @ 20psi but had issues with the head so tuning was stopped. Am changing to a 26 head so cant wait to have it setup and running again.

The only problem is our only drag strip here in Tassie is shutting down unless a new buyer can be found. Ive heard its around the 600k zone.
    475rwkw@ 24psi

In melbourne Calder is closed and no word on whens its opening so similar problems here. Im sure it will open again, so when it does chuck your car on the boat and come race here. Would be such a waste not to put it down the strip. Before you come though, you have to lose the fully sick wing mate. It just slows you down anyway.