Thread: 2jz TA22 CELICA

Default 2jz TA22 CELICA

hey all this is my ta22 celica had the car now for about a year
    running 2jz block 1jz head, hks cams and cam gears , je pistions, scatt rods, arp head and main studs, 2speed glide, hilux diff , 4 link, magnafuel pump and reg,was running a gt35r made 370kw and ran 10.5@130mph, but now have got a borg warner s400, have got some pics and stuff in my old cars tread but thought i would start a new one. cheers steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks nice let me know about ur final project how u go i want to see what figure ur make
    pro flow fabrications & dyno
    Rajab Racing
    Preston Autos & Diff
    fullboost.com.au

GO HARD OR GO HOME

hey man awsome build
    i also had a ta22 mine had a 1gg twin turbo in it fully ballanced forged and so forth running two gt35-40's made 360kw's at the treds but why run a 2j block and 1j head i see alot of people do it wats the reason ?

im not sure whats the go with the 2j block and 1j head. the engine was in my old car.

looking good dude. what else is in the back ground your building???? dato???
    most guys already have a 1j in there cars and want to go a 2j but works out cheaper to just run a 2j bottom end that way they can keep all the same manifolds etc to save cost.

oh yeah fair enough, in the back ground is a ke30, not mine its a friends car

small update got tuned made 640 rwhp on 33psi (injectors maxed) and got one run at the drags and went 11.6 @ 147mph with lots of wheel spin ,converter is way to small for the turbo, will get some more pics up of new turbo set up

Should be in the 9s now.... good job

nice mph what size converter are you running??? might be interested in it if it suits my setup as im running a 35r and im going to build a glide soon.