DEARBORN, Mich., July 10, 2017 – The pony is going back into the corral. An available Pony Package for the 2018 Mustang – offered with EcoBoost®-equipped cars – gives a nod to the nameplate heritage with its grille-mounted pony-in-corral badge design. As it was more than 50 years ago, the iconic Mustang logo will be surrounded in a chrome corral for the 2018 Ford Mustang equipped
Pony Package. The badge design first appeared on Mustang in the mid-1960s when the car was still in concept phase.
It has appeared in various forms since, and was last used as part of an anniversary package for 2015. The pony-in-corral grille badge is one of numerous appearance updates included with the Pony Package. Other features include:
• 19-inch polished aluminum wheels
• Bright beltline and window trim for fastback model
• Premium carpeted floor mats with Ebony embroidered
• Side stripes on lower body sides
• Tri-bar pony badge on rear decklid appliqué
The 2018 Mustang is due in showrooms this October.