Ford Launches Bold New Ranger FX4, the First Special Edition based on the Award Winning Ranger XLT
- Ford Australia kicks off 2017 in style with the introduction of the Ford Ranger FX4, the first XLT based Special Edition for PX Ranger Mk II, arriving in dealerships during February
- Ranger FX4 features a tough new look and is loaded with unique updates, including 18-inch Stark Grey alloy wheels, black roof rails, black bonnet and tailgate and black sports bar, rear bumper, side steps and door handles, plus leather accented seats
- Ranger FX4 builds on the momentum of the award winning Ranger XLT, Drive’s Best Ute 2015 and 2016, and loaded with SYNC®31, Ford’s latest infotainment platform, the FX4 has the smarts to match its looks
- Ranger is one of the centerpieces of Ford’s $2 billion investment in R&D in Australia since 2009, with a further $450 million to be invested in R&D in 2017, following the opening of the Asia-Pacific Product Development Centre at Broadmeadows, Victoria, last December.
MELBOURNE, February 15, 2017 – New Year’s may have come and gone but Ford Australia is giving customers reason to celebrate with the introduction of the Ranger FX4, the first XLT based Special Edition for PX Ranger MkII.
Building on the success of the Ranger XLS Special Edition, the Ranger FX4 is designed for customers looking for a bit more attitude from one of Australia’s favourite vehicles. Australian teams led the design and engineering of Ranger and its popularity continues to grow with 36,934 Rangers sold in Australia throughout 2016, a year-on-year increase of more than 26-percent.
“The Ranger FX4 makes a great pick-up even more extraordinary with its unique style and boldness, and that’s a difficult thing to do with a vehicle that has just won back-to-back Drive
Best Ute awards in 2015 and 2016’, said Graeme Whickman, President and CEO, Ford Australia. ‘We developed the Ranger FX4 for our customers that are a bit bolder than most and make use of the towing and payload capabilities of the Ranger XLT,’ added Whickman.
Turn Heads with the Bold, Tough and Capable FX4:
The Ranger FX4 adds the following features to the standard Ranger XLT:
- Larger, Stark Grey Alloy Wheels (18-inch) with New Unique Design
- Black Roof Rails
- Black Bonnet and Tailgate Decal Wraps
- Side Decals with ‘FX4’ Branding
- Black Sports Bar, Rear Bumper, Side Steps and Door Handles
- Black Grille (with Unique Design), Fog Lamp Bezels, Exterior Mirrors and Fender Features
- Leather Accented ‘FX4’ Branded Seats
- Front and Rear Carpet Mats
- Black Interior Highlights
The Ranger FX4 is available exclusively in Frozen White, Ingot Silver2, Magnetic2and Shadow Black2 exterior colours.
Stunning Looks at an Outstanding Price:
The Manufacturer’s List Price of the Ford Ranger FX4 is:
|MODMODEL NAME L NAME||XLT MLP*||Ranger FX4 MLP*||DIFFERENCE|
|4×4 XLT Double Pick-up 3.2L MT||$55,415||
|4×4 XLT Double Pick-up 3.2L AT||$57,615||
* Recommended Manufacturer’s List Price only. Price shown includes GST but excludes Dealer delivery fee and statutory charges. The selling price of any vehicle is at the discretion of the selling Dealer.
Beauty and Brains:
Ranger FX4 has the looks and, thanks to SYNC®3,1 the brains to match. SYNC®3 is Ford’s latest in-vehicle communications and entertainment platform that features Apple CarPlay,3 Android Auto3, faster performance, more conversational voice recognition, intuitive smartphone-like touchscreen and an improved graphic user interface.
SYNC 3 highlights:
- New ‘Home’ screen with clearer layout and large icons for quicker access to functions including audio system, climate control, smartphone (including compatible apps) and satellite navigation (where fitted).
- New 8.0-inch touchscreen with capacitive touch technology allows ‘pinch and swipe’ capability on select features (similar to a smartphone or tablet).
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration includes ability to access Apple Siri4 and Google Now5 (with compatible device).
- Compatible apps include Spotify6, Pandora7 and Google Maps8.
- More customisable and easier-to-navigate settings and user preferences.
Going Further for Australia and Australian Customers
The launch of the Ranger FX4 is the latest example of how Ford is going further for its Australian customers as it continues to introduce 20 new or updated models by 2020. Ranger and Everest are the centerpieces of Ford’s $2 billion investment in R&D in Australia since 2009, with a further $450 million to be invested in R&D in 2017, following the opening of the Asia-Pacific Product Development Centre at Broadmeadows, Victoria, last December. Ford Australia is home to 1100 engineers and designers, with the company set to become the largest auto employer in the nation after 2017.
1 Not all SYNC® 3 features are compatible with all phones. For compatibility, see ford.com.au/sync.
2 This is a prestige paint option that that incurs an additional charge.
3 Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Both require phones with compatible versions of Apple iOS and Android™ (respectively), active data service and genuine USB cable (available separately). Message and data rates may apply.
SYNC® does not control Apple CarPlay or Android Auto while in use; Apple Inc and Android™ (respectively) are responsible for their functionality. Warning: Local laws prohibit some or all of the text messaging functions while driving. Check your local road rules before using these functions.
4 Siri is a trademark of Apple Inc. Siri is not supported on all phones. May require additional data services and equipment.
5 Google Now is a trademark of Google Inc.
6 Requires phone compatible with Spotify app, additional data services and equipment.
7 PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc.
8 Google Maps is a trademark of Google Inc.