Formula DRIFT PRO 2 continued the season at Evergreen Speedway for the second of four rounds of competition. James Evans in the Sikky Racing Nissan 350Z takes the victory.
PRO 2 continued to the Pacific Northwest at Evergreen Speedway for the second round of the 2015 season. The on-track conditions were demanding with many vehicles seeing damage through the course of the event.
The level of competition in PRO 2 has created an exciting element to the event weekend, says Jim Liaw, President of Formula DRIFT. “We are only half way through the PRO 2 season and it will be interesting to see how everything unfolds.”
Evans faced off with PRO 2 points leader, Alex Heilbrunn in the IMR BMW 3-Series, in the finals. On the first battle, Heilbrunn went into the wall and was unable to continue giving Evans his second consecutive victory at Evergreen Speedway. Evans moves into second place in the PRO 2 standings, while Heilbrunn maintains his top position. Faruk Kugay in the Bay Shore Supply / Limitless Motorsports Nissan S14 lands in third place for the event and moves into fourth place in the standings.
“It wasn’t the way I wanted to win out there, but I’ll take the win,” said James Evans, winner of Round 2 of 4 events of PRO 2 Championship. “It was a pretty tough battle to get to the finals, but it’s been a good weekend for us.”
The 2015 Formula DRIFT season will continue to Round 6: Showdown on August 21-22 at Texas Motor Speedway. For more information visit: www.formuladrift.com and find Formula DRIFT on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Tune into Formula DRIFT on CBS Sports and check your local listings for air-times.
PRO 2 Round 2 of 4 – Evergreen Speedway Event Results
1. Evans, James Sikky Racing Nissan 350Z Winner
2. Heilbrunn, Alex IMR BMW 3-Series 2nd Place
3. Kugay, Faruk Bay Shore Supply / Limitless Motorsports Nissan S14 3rd Place
4. Hull, Taylor N/A 4th Place
5. Gray, Andy DriftEbisu.com / Achilles Tire Toyota Chaser 5th Place
6. Litteral, Ryan N/A 6th Place
7. Goble, Brody Indy Speed Shop V8 240SX 7th Place
8. Fournier, Ian N/A 8th Place
9. Wicknick, Brandon Chase Bays / RUN2JZ Nissan S13 9th Place
10. Moore, Cameron N/A 10th Place
2015 Formula DRIFT PRO 2 Top 3 Standings After Two Events
1. Heilbrunn, Alex IMR BMW 3-Series 194.00 Points
2. Evans, James Sikky Racing Nissan 350Z 143.00 Points
3. Gray, Andy DriftEbisu.com / Achilles Tire Toyota Chaser 137.00 Points